It can be difficult to focus on romance when work has run you ragged and there’s little time to smile or even breathe, let alone connect. You deserve some time off – and so does your sweet. This Valentine’s Day, why not escape the mundane realities of everyday life and take an adventurous getaway? The world is full of romantic destinations for you to discover together.
- The Caribbean Islands – See volcanoes, exotic forests, mountain peaks, waterfalls, tropical fish and amazing sunsets on the island of St. Lucia. Or enjoy more than 200 miles of unspoiled sand in Turks and Caicos. Visit Aruba for horseback riding on the beach, snorkeling, parasailing and miles of pristine beaches.
- Hawaii – Surf and picnic at Waikiki Beach. Snag ocean views of the Hawaiian Island chain from sea cliffs on Lanai, the garden isle. See some of the bluest waters in the world in Fern Grotto, play golf, watch an authentic luau or take a river dinner cruise in Kauai.
- Bermuda – Just 650 miles off North Carolina’s Coast, you can indulge in pink sand, go snorkeling and check out the hoppin’ reef bars. Walk the historic streets of St. George and enjoy a candlelight dinner at Cambridge Beach restaurant. Rent scooters and ride up the South Shore coastline for magnificent views. Take a dip at Warwick Long Bay’s Jobson Cove. Shop for treasures at Astwood Dickenson.
- Jamaica – Climb the towering Dunn’s River Waterfall. Float down the Rio Grande River on a bamboo raft or hop in the Mayfield Falls Jacuzzi. Visit a nude beach or enjoy the turquoise waters of Blue Lagoon. Tour the rum distillery, dine on Jamaican jerk chicken and listen to the island’s finest steel drum bands to get away from it all.
- All-Inclusive Resort – There are several popular brands of all-inclusive resorts with properties spread around the world, including Sandals and Couples resorts. Destinations include the Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico and Jamaica, to name a few hot spots. All-inclusives aren’t for everyone, as they provide resort-centric traveling, but proponents love how these establishments include all food, drinks (alcohol too), and entertainment in the pricing.
- Weekend Cruises – Look up a weekend getaway on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. Skip town and visit The Caribbean Islands, The Bahamas, Bermuda or Mexico. A cruise vacation offers unprecedented all-inclusive luxury at an affordable price (usually $100/day or less!)
Go exotic – There are many romantic getaways in off-the-beaten-path locations. Choose a very private island like the Seychelles of Africa, Belize in Central America, Cyprus in the Mediterranean, Spain’s Baleric Islands, French Polynesia, Fiji, the Florida Keys, or the Maldives of Asia. You can even rent a whole island!
|Article: Jennn Fusion Twitter: @jennnfusion|