Many people, particularly women, complain about their thighs being too big. It should go without saying though diet plays an important role in keeping a slim and trim figure. Women tend to notice weight gain first in the waist and thighs, so it’s important for us to watch our intake as well as sticking with a regular exercise program.
What are good exercises to slim thighs and legs?
Sitting the whole day in office is certainly not the best for your overall health. Women normally have a tendency to store excess fat around their hips and thighs, like men have a tendency to store the fat around their abdominal region. However, it does not mean that men do not store fat around their thighs and women do not store fat in the abdomens. Thigh slimming exercises will help in toning the thigh muscles, which will help in giving the legs a well defined look. These thigh exercises will also strengthen the thigh muscles. If you lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle – work at a desk all day and don’t get much exercise – then the best thigh slimming exercises you can start with is walking.
In a side note, Dr. Oz mentioned, in one of his program’s, the benefits of the aminophylline cream. There are many products that contain this cream. Most of which are used to make cellulite cream. Please see our articles about aminophylline cream and cellulite cream for more information.
The Best Thigh Slimming Exercises
1. Walking is the best all-round exercise, as well as being great thigh slimming exercise. Walking uses practically every muscle in the body, it increases your heart rate and breathing for improved cardiovascular health and it makes you feel good.
Lift your heels off the ground
2. Simply lift your heels off the ground, hold them for few seconds straight in the air and bring them in their original position. Repeat this exercise two-three times a day on a regular basis. This exercise will provide flexibility to your legs as well as shape your calf muscles.
3. Leg lifts: Stand with your feet comfortably apart. Hold onto a wall for balance. Lift your right knee until the thigh is parallel to the floor and hold for a count of 5; straighten the knee, keeping the foot off the floor and hold for a count of 5. Lower the leg slowly to the starting position. Repeat with the left leg. Repeat 3 times each leg, increasing to 6 reps.
4. Split squats are a very good movement to really target the glute muscles and will firm and raise the way your bum looks. To perform these ones you will stand in front of a bench with one leg up behind you. Holding one dumbbell in each hand and your body weight over the standing leg underneath you, lower the body down by bending at the knee. Note that the back leg that’s raised will also bend slightly as the knee moves closer to the floor.
5. Squats: Stand with feet hip width apart. Bend your knees as far as you can, keeping your feet flat on the floor. Return to start position. Repeat 5 times and gradually increase to 10 or 15. Make sure your back is straight throughout the exercise, and shoulders back. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
6. The best workout for your flabby thighs is the leg extension exercise: In this exercise, you simply need to straighten your legs in forward direction while lying on the floor and then tighten your thigh muscles and try to lift your legs. Try to hold this position in air for as long as you can. Repeat it two or three times a day.
Here are some other resources on how to slim your thighs.
- Excellent Leg Firming Exercises Squats Type Workout for Inner
- How to Slim Down Thighs
- Get toned or slim down for prom Woman Daily Fashion
Along with these thigh exercises, you will also have to include some cardiovascular exercises in your your exercise regime. You will also have to make changes to your diet as well. Excluding sugar, red meat, food high in fat, etc. is recommended.
For more fitness tips Please visit our “Your Fitness” section.
Article Written by Charles Zoe