It’s mind over matter for 2011! You may have failed at your weight loss resolutions in the past, but this will be the year for you to achieve. Use this helpful list to set your goal in motion. Don’t wait: start today.
- Set realistic goals. Aim to lose two pounds per week. A final goal of decreasing your body weight by 10 percent is achievable. To do this, you’ll need to cut 500 to 1,000 calories out of your day – either through dieting or exercise.
- Focus on the NOW. Tell yourself, “The process is half the fun.” Sign up at free communities like Sparkspeople.com. Join a new gym, yoga studio, or YMCA in your area to meet other fitness friends. Be cognizant of your daily choices.
- Write it down. Start a diary. It may seem obsessive at first, but write out a meal plan for each day of the week. Make sure you plan several snacks so that you’re eating a carb and a protein regularly and keeping your blood sugar stable throughout the day. This way, you won’t be driven by cravings.
- Calculate. Keep track of your weekly weigh-ins. Write down your workouts and how many calories you burn each time. Charting your progress and examining smaller goals will help you stay pumped up and focused on the task at hand.
- Find a friend. In the end, the only one who can help you is YOU. However, pairing up with a buddy who supports your weight loss is such a great motivator. If no one is available, try picking up a few motivational weight loss books. Weight loss is one of the top New Year’s Resolutions year after year: You’re not alone!
|Article: Jennn Fusion|